Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mr. Independent

So lately, (since having baby number three) I have been encouraging Carter to become more independent and do more things on his own. So the other day when he wanted to help make his own peanut butter and honey sandwich, I gladly showed him how. A few days later while I was busy nursing Austin, Carter announced that he was hungry and wanted to make his own sandwich so I let him go for it. What I didn't count on was my two year old deciding that he too, could go ahead and make his own! Thats what I get for encouraging independence I guess. He didn't really do all that bad. Luckily I was able to intervene before he got to the honey part.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok, sorry I commented on all of your posts :) But they are too cute not to. I love this. Did he lick the PB off the knife too? I'm still trying to teach my kids to gain some independence, good for you!

Emily said...

yes! When I found him I'm pretty sure he was just dipping the knife in the peanut butter and then licking it off. Crazy kid.